-   -   excel using 99% cpu usage (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/142758-excel-using-99%25-cpu-usage.html)

inenewbl

excel using 99% cpu usage

Hi all. Whenever i open an excel file which is of 1MB size and amend even a
single cell it would take quite a few seconds to do so and i can see my cpu
resource being occupied by excel by 99%. This is so even though i did not
enable any link when i open the excel file, i have also disable the error
check option. I have done repair of my office but to no avail. Is there any
other possibilities as to why this has happened? Thks in advance.

Niek Otten

excel using 99% cpu usage

For info about performance of Excel, visit Charles Williams' site:

www.decisionmodels.com

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"inenewbl" wrote in message ...
| Hi all. Whenever i open an excel file which is of 1MB size and amend even a
| single cell it would take quite a few seconds to do so and i can see my cpu
| resource being occupied by excel by 99%. This is so even though i did not
| enable any link when i open the excel file, i have also disable the error
| check option. I have done repair of my office but to no avail. Is there any
| other possibilities as to why this has happened? Thks in advance.

bj

excel using 99% cpu usage

if you have enough of the proper equations to get a large number of
dependencies, (links between cells) every cell gets recalulated. One thng I
do on this type of file when it ihas repeated equations which only need to be
done occassionally, is to leave a base equaiton to copy and paste special
values the rest. you have to save the file and reopen it to get rid of
calculate all