-   -   create a control button to insert rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/142726-create-control-button-insert-rows.html)

nadswilkes28

create a control button to insert rows

I want to creat a button on my spreadsheet then when you click on it you will
automatically insert a row above it.

Jim Cone

create a control button to insert rows

Just right-click a row header (the number of the row) and choose "Insert".
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"nadswilkes28"

wrote in message
I want to creat a button on my spreadsheet then when you click on it you will
automatically insert a row above it.

nadswilkes28

create a control button to insert rows

I have a lot of different users to use my spreadsheet and some of them
continually mess up the whole insert row process so I am wanting to create a
button that all they have to do is click on and it will then automatically
insert rows for them. Thanks

wrote in message
I want to creat a button on my spreadsheet then when you click on it you will
automatically insert a row above it.

JMay

create a control button to insert rows

Add an Active-X Command Button to your worksheet.

Then in the Sheet Code window select the object Command_Click (left
drop-down)and make it look like this:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert '<<< Add this
End Sub

Hope this helps,
Jim May

"nadswilkes28" wrote:

I want to creat a button on my spreadsheet then when you click on it you will
automatically insert a row above it.

Gord Dibben

create a control button to insert rows

There is an insert row button on the ToolsCustomizeCommandsInsert category
that can be dragged to a new toolbar you crate by ToolsCustomizeToolbarsNew

You can dock that most anywhere.

If you really want a macro assigned to a button, drop a button from the Forms
Toolbar onto your sheet and assign this code.

Sub insert()
Selection.EntireRow.insert
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP