-   -   Page Setup Margin Value Equivalence in cm (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/142647-page-setup-margin-value-equivalence-cm.html)

AJ

Page Setup Margin Value Equivalence in cm

Hello
Can anyone tell me what the margin values in page setup option equal to?
For example, Left margin 0.75, Right margin 0.75, what do these values equal
in inches or centimeters.
Thanks in advance

Peo Sjoblom

Page Setup Margin Value Equivalence in cm

It all depends on what system you are using under
windowsstartsettingscontrol panelregional language options, I assume you
are using US which is inches

=CONVERT(0.75,"in","cm")

gives 1.905

now you can easily check that by going to windows control panel, regional
language options, select customize and change it to metric
Open excel again and check your margins

note that the convert function is part of the ATP and it might has to be
installed using the office/excel CD if it was not installed when Excel was
installed the first time. If you get a name error you need to install it

Peo Sjoblom