-   -   Can we extract data identified by the new Conditional Formatting? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/142281-can-we-extract-data-identified-new-conditional-formatting.html)

Quco

Can we extract data identified by the new Conditional Formatting?

Can we extract data identified by the new Conditional Formatting function? I
think this new tool is really helpful, but for large sets of data I have been
asked to isolate thos values in a separate Worksheet which is making my work
kind of difficult. Is there any way to isolate the values I have highlighted
with the Conditional Formatting and thgen copy & paste to a new worksheet?

Bob Umlas, Excel MVP

Can we extract data identified by the new Conditional Formatting?

If you're talking about excel 2003, then no. In Excel 2007, you can sort a
column by the cell's color, whether that color is from formatting or
conditional formatting.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"Quco" wrote:

Can we extract data identified by the new Conditional Formatting function? I
think this new tool is really helpful, but for large sets of data I have been
asked to isolate thos values in a separate Worksheet which is making my work
kind of difficult. Is there any way to isolate the values I have highlighted
with the Conditional Formatting and thgen copy & paste to a new worksheet?

Quco

Can we extract data identified by the new Conditional Formatti

Thank you Bob. I am using 2007, and sorting the worksheet using the Custom
option works pretty well. I was able to sort by "cell color" and I choose to
move those cells to the top of the listing.