-   -   I need help rounding numbers, please. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/14221-i-need-help-rounding-numbers-please.html)

Wind54Surfer

I need help rounding numbers, please.

Hi everyone,

I need to round numbers as part of a formula and can't figure it out.

Say I have 72.5 and need to divide it into 3

I get 24.16 (then I need to round 24.6 to the next even number = 26)

(Anything over an even must go to the next even.)

Any ideas really appreciated.

Thanks,
Emilio

Dave O

What if the result is odd?

JE McGimpsey

Assuming, based on your example, that you want to round *up* to the
nearest even number, one way:

=CEILING(72.5/3,2)

In article ,
Wind54Surfer wrote:

I need to round numbers as part of a formula and can't figure it out.

Say I have 72.5 and need to divide it into 3

I get 24.16 (then I need to round 24.6 to the next even number = 26)

(Anything over an even must go to the next even.)

Any ideas really appreciated.

Bob Phillips

=ROUNDUP(A16/2,0)*2

--

HTH

RP

"Wind54Surfer" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I need to round numbers as part of a formula and can't figure it out.

Say I have 72.5 and need to divide it into 3

I get 24.16 (then I need to round 24.6 to the next even number = 26)

(Anything over an even must go to the next even.)

Any ideas really appreciated.

Thanks,
Emilio

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

With your number p.e. in A2
=ROUNDUP(A2/(3*2),0)*2

Arvi Laanemets

"Wind54Surfer" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I need to round numbers as part of a formula and can't figure it out.

Say I have 72.5 and need to divide it into 3

I get 24.16 (then I need to round 24.6 to the next even number = 26)

(Anything over an even must go to the next even.)

Any ideas really appreciated.

Thanks,
Emilio

Wind54Surfer

Thanks a lot to everybody.

I am impress how many people are willing to help.

Thanks again,
Emilio