-   -   Video Time Code (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/142178-video-time-code.html)

Smith

Video Time Code

I'd like to add columns of hours, minutes, seconds, and frames.

At 30 frames I want to be able to carry over into seconds one second, at 60
seconds I'd like to be able to carry over 1 minute, etc.

How can I do that in columns in Excell?

Smith

Gary''s Student

Video Time Code

just convert the frames into normal time. If the values are NTSC frames @
29.97 frames/sec then:
if A1 is 123456 frames then
=A1/29.97 is 4119.319319 seconds and
=A1/29.97/60//60/24 is 0.047677307
If this is formatted as a time it becomes:

01:08:39.32
as hours minute seconds and hundreths of a second
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200720