-   -   adding up a particular character in a row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/142111-adding-up-particular-character-row.html)

rkalabokes

adding up a particular character in a row

I have an attendance list and I need to have my final column telling me every
time the letter "A" (for absent) hits on that row.

[email protected]

On May 9, 10:19 am, "rkalabokes" <u34051@uwe wrote:
I have an attendance list and I need to have my final column telling me every
time the letter "A" (for absent) hits on that row.

Try this:

=countif(J2:J99,"A")

change "J2:J99" to the correct range for your spreadsheet.

rkalabokes

adding up a particular character in a row

Thank you I will test this out

Try this:

=countif(J2:J99,"A")

change "J2:J99" to the correct range for your spreadsheet.

rkalabokes

adding up a particular character in a row

that (of course) did end up working. thank you very much! it was much
appreciated