-   -   How do I insert a "locked 'top text'" in a document? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/142086-how-do-i-insert-locked-top-text-document.html)

LTV

How do I insert a "locked 'top text'" in a document?

I try to insert a "locked 'top text'" in a document that contains 5 pages.
The doucument is used and edited in my company on a daily basis, but I want
to ensure that the "top text" remains the same.

Can anyone help me how to make this happen?

LTV, Norway

Roger Whitehead

How do I insert a "locked 'top text'" in a document?

Select Window menu, then Freeze Panes?

"LTV" wrote in message
I try to insert a "locked 'top text'" in a document that contains 5 pages.
The doucument is used and edited in my company on a daily basis, but I
want
to ensure that the "top text" remains the same.

Can anyone help me how to make this happen?

LTV, Norway

bj

How do I insert a "locked 'top text'" in a document?

you can unprotect all cells other than the top and then protect the sheet

or you can write an event macro which will make sure the top cells remain
the same.