-   -   Chart : 2 axes stacked bar and line (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/141968-chart-2-axes-stacked-bar-line.html)

Gabby

Chart : 2 axes stacked bar and line

how to :

2 axes stacked bar and line graph

i've been trying to figure this out - but it only lets me do a normal bar
and line graph - NOT stacked bar aaaaaaaarrrgh

Andy Pope

Chart : 2 axes stacked bar and line

Hi,

Ignore the combination charts offered and create your own.
Start with a stacked bar chart based on all your data. Select the series
you want to plot as a line and right click. On the context menu pick
Chart Type. Select required line type. If it is not automatically placed
on the secondary axis double click the line series and on the Axis tab
change to the secondary axis.

If you meant horizontal bars rather then vertical columns you can still
do the combination but you will need to use xy-scatter instead of line
chart. And obviously you will need to supply the X and Y values.

Cheers
Andy