-   -   Excel with SQL Query (*.sql) and SQL Server (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/141851-excel-sql-query-%2A-sql-sql-server.html)

Kode

Excel with SQL Query (*.sql) and SQL Server

Hi There,

I have a complicated SQL Query, which runs on several Tables with Joins and
Filters.

I want to know how to use this SQL Query in Excel and retrieve data into
Spreadsheet.

Following is what I am able to do right now:

€¢I am able to connect to SQL Server and retrieve the data into Spreadsheet.
€¢I am able to pull Data into Excel sheet using simple MS Query.

I want to know, how to use this SQL Query and retrieve the Data from SQL
Server into a Spreadsheet.

Also, if possible, can you please give me any good Website location, where I
can get more knowledge about MS Query.

Thank you in Advance.

FSt1

Excel with SQL Query (*.sql) and SQL Server

hi,
Posting your code would have been nice.
try this side....
but it has been my experience with MSQ that MSQ is really not safisticated
enough to handle complaicate joins. I found better luck linking the tables to
access, writing the query in access then using MSQ to pull the access query
into excel.

Regards
FSt`

"Kode" wrote:

Hi There,

I have a complicated SQL Query, which runs on several Tables with Joins and
Filters.

I want to know how to use this SQL Query in Excel and retrieve data into
Spreadsheet.

Following is what I am able to do right now:

€¢I am able to connect to SQL Server and retrieve the data into Spreadsheet.
€¢I am able to pull Data into Excel sheet using simple MS Query.

I want to know, how to use this SQL Query and retrieve the Data from SQL
Server into a Spreadsheet.

Also, if possible, can you please give me any good Website location, where I
can get more knowledge about MS Query.

Thank you in Advance.

Kode

Excel with SQL Query (*.sql) and SQL Server

Thank you for your Post FST.

But still this doesn't explain me how to use a Excel & already existing SQL
Query to pull the Data into Excel sheet.

Thanks for the Input though.

Thank you Very Much,
Kode.