-   -   How do I stop text displaying in blank adjacent cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/14183-how-do-i-stop-text-displaying-blank-adjacent-cells.html)

CathyMcK

How do I stop text displaying in blank adjacent cells?

Excel will always display overflow text in blank adjacent cells. Is it
possible to stop this?

CLR

Type a "space" in the cell just to the right of the one containing the
text..........then it will not overflow......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CathyMcK" wrote in message
Excel will always display overflow text in blank adjacent cells. Is it
possible to stop this?

Earl Kiosterud

Cathy,

Or set the cell to wrap text (Format cells - Alignment)

--
Earl Kiosterud

"CathyMcK" wrote in message
Excel will always display overflow text in blank adjacent cells. Is it
possible to stop this?

guitarteacher

[quote=CLR;46130]Type a "space" in the cell just to the right of the one containing the
text..........then it will not overflow......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

This is the best answer I have found so far but if you put something in the field and then delete it later it will display in the next cell unless you put a space in there again. Is there a more permanent way to do this?