-   -   Change fm Lower Case to Upper (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/141595-change-fm-lower-case-upper.html)

SJS

Change fm Lower Case to Upper

I have a spreadsheet w/millions (ok, I exaggerate) of lower case characters
that I need to change to upper case. Any way to pull this off?

tks,
steve

Mike

Change fm Lower Case to Upper

=UPPER(A1)

"sjs" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet w/millions (ok, I exaggerate) of lower case characters
that I need to change to upper case. Any way to pull this off?

tks,
steve

Paul B

Change fm Lower Case to Upper

sjs, have a look here for a way to do it
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#upper
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"sjs" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet w/millions (ok, I exaggerate) of lower case characters
that I need to change to upper case. Any way to pull this off?

tks,
steve

SJS

Change fm Lower Case to Upper

Works to perfection, thanks!

"Mike" wrote:

=UPPER(A1)

"sjs" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet w/millions (ok, I exaggerate) of lower case characters
that I need to change to upper case. Any way to pull this off?

tks,
steve

PlayingToAudienceOfOne

Change fm Lower Case to Upper

Use this macro:

Sub Change_Case()
Dim ocell As Range
Dim Ans As String
Ans = Application.InputBox("Type in Letter" & vbCr & _
"(L)owercase, (U)ppercase, (S)entence, (T)itles ")
If Ans = "" Then Exit Sub
For Each ocell In Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 2)
Select Case UCase(Ans)
Case "L": ocell = LCase(ocell.Text)
Case "U": ocell = UCase(ocell.Text)
Case "S": ocell = UCase(Left(ocell.Text, 1)) & _
LCase(Right(ocell.Text, Len(ocell.Text) - 1))
Case "T": ocell = Application.WorksheetFunction.Proper(ocell.Text)
End Select
Next

End Sub