-   -   How do I use a" item description" in excel to consolidate totals? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1414-how-do-i-use-%22-item-description%22-excel-consolidate-totals.html)

How do I use a" item description" in excel to consolidate totals?

I have a inventory spreadsheet in Excel and it as about 8 columns by 47 rows
of information. I am tracking items received by date, which causes multiple
entries with the same "Item Descrption". How do I keep a running total of
any given item that has more than one entry?

Frank Kabel

Hi
not completely sure about your data layout but maybe a pivot table is
what you're looking for. Also have a look at the SUMIF function

--
Regards
Frank Kabel