-   -   Level of protection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1413-level-protection.html)

gerryR

Level of protection

Hi all

We are setting up a new server to archive old jobs. On the top level of
this server I want to place an excel document that people can open but not
edit or save as in any way. I'd prefer too if they are not prompted for a
password.

any ideas ?
Thanks for any replies
gerryR

Frank Kabel

Hi
in the File - Saveas in the 'Tools' menu you can specify a read only
password

--
Regards
Frank Kabel