-   -   Deleting unneeded rows and columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/141123-deleting-unneeded-rows-columns.html)

mbing916

Deleting unneeded rows and columns

Is there a way to delete extra rows and columns from a worksheet? I have all
the data I need in the sheet and would like to eliminate the file size by
getting rid of all the extra rows and columns.
Example:
The worksheet would be A1:F51, rows G on would be gone.
Thanks!

T. Valko

Deleting unneeded rows and columns

You can't physically remove them but you can hide them although this doesn't
reduce the file size.

Try resetting the used range (which can reduce file size):

http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

Biff