-   -   Pivot Tables - Ranking Values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/141065-pivot-tables-ranking-values.html)

Jeff Reese

Pivot Tables - Ranking Values

Hello.

I'm using Excel 2007

I have a pivot table that returns values like:

Object Channel 1 Channel 2 Channel 3
Name of O1 50% 33% 75%
Name of O2 12% 58% 99%

The Channels are actually measures of Effectiveness.

I want to rank these percentages so that I can see that for Object 1 that
Channel 3 is the highest, Channel 1 is next, and Channel 2 is lowest.
Something like:

Object Channel 1 Channel 2 Channel 3
Title of O1 2 3 1
Title of O2 3 2 1

When I try to add a calculated field, Effectiveness appears as a field but
not each individual channel.

Seems like I should be able to use a Rank function (or something like it)
within the pivot table, but I can't seem to figure it out...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
--
Jeff

Bernie Deitrick

Pivot Tables - Ranking Values

Jeff,

You could use Rank formulas based on your PT values, but otherwise, no.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP