-   -   Color palette compatibility Excel 2007 vs. 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/141032-color-palette-compatibility-excel-2007-vs-2003-a.html)

Grandor

Color palette compatibility Excel 2007 vs. 2003

When I open spreadsheets created with Excel 2003 in the new Excel 2007 the
colors of fonts, backgrounds and borders are faithful to the 2003 color
palette; however, as I add new cells and wish to format their color
parameters I am not given the option of using the 2003 color palette but must
use different colors presented in Excel 2007. I see no way to enjoy backward
compatibility regarding color palettes. Mixing new colors with old on an
existing spreadsheet creates a a real mess. Is there any way, with Excel
2007, to select the "classic" color palette?

Can anyone help me? I would like to be able to use Excel 2007 but keep my
old colors.