-   -   Formula Modification (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/141027-formula-modification.html)

No Name

Formula Modification

Folks:

(IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B1,A:A,0)),"No Match","Match")

Column A Column B Column C
25 50 No
Match
30 30 Match
26 28 No
Match
55
60

I am using the above formula to compare two columns (A and B) for
overlapping (common) data then put the result ("Match" OR "No Match") in a
third column.
So far this formula has worked well. But now I would like to modify this
formula so that rather than "Match" or "No Match" the overlapping result
("30" in this case),
gets put into Column C.

Thanks,
Jo.

T. Valko

Formula Modification

Do you still want "no match" ?

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(B1,A:A,0)),"No Match",B1)

Or, this will leave "no match" cells blank:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(B1,A:A,0)),"",B1)

Biff

<JoJo wrote in message ...
Folks:

(IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B1,A:A,0)),"No Match","Match")

Column A Column B Column C
25 50 No
Match
30 30 Match
26 28 No
Match
55
60

I am using the above formula to compare two columns (A and B) for
overlapping (common) data then put the result ("Match" OR "No Match") in
a third column.
So far this formula has worked well. But now I would like to modify this
formula so that rather than "Match" or "No Match" the overlapping result
("30" in this case),
gets put into Column C.

Thanks,
Jo.