-   -   How to place a stable title row? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/14095-how-place-stable-title-row.html)

[email protected]

How to place a stable title row?

Hi there!

For a scientific analyse I need to create an Excel table with more than
1.000 rows content. Now, how can I create a title row that doesn't scroll
with the rest of the content, so one that is always visible at the top, while
you scroll up and down the rest of the content.

I hope that's possible like this! Otherwise, it will be pretty difficult to
enter the data into the correct (of about 15) column.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Max

One way:

Assuming headers are in row1,

Select A2. Click Window Freeze pane

This freezes the 1st row, so it always remains in view
when you scroll down

And if you want to keep the 1st col,
e.g.: col A in view as well as you scroll right
(assuming col A contains the row headers),
try selecting say, B2 instead of A2,
then click Window Freeze pane
--
Rgds
Max
Hi there!

For a scientific analyse I need to create an Excel table with more than
1.000 rows content. Now, how can I create a title row that doesn't scroll
with the rest of the content, so one that is always visible at the top,

while
you scroll up and down the rest of the content.

I hope that's possible like this! Otherwise, it will be pretty difficult

enter the data into the correct (of about 15) column.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Roger Govier

Hi
Place your cursor in cell A2 then choose Window=Freeze Panes

--
Regards
Roger Govier
" wrote
in message ...
Hi there!

For a scientific analyse I need to create an Excel table with more than
1.000 rows content. Now, how can I create a title row that doesn't scroll
with the rest of the content, so one that is always visible at the top,
while
you scroll up and down the rest of the content.

I hope that's possible like this! Otherwise, it will be pretty difficult
enter the data into the correct (of about 15) column.

Thanks for your help in advance!

[email protected]

Hi Max and Roger

Thanks a lot - it worked! :-) It's great to get such helpful information
from you guys! Hope that I can return the favour one day!

Best regards from Switzerland

Thomas "Bubble" Schneider

Max

Pleasure`, Thomas !