-   -   Numbers Left-Justifying (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/140937-numbers-left-justifying.html)

tc69

Numbers Left-Justifying

I just noticed that the numbers in one of my Worksheets are left-justifying.
They're just in General Format. Both existing numbers and new numbers I
enter into the Worksheet are left-justifying. My other Worksheets are fine.
Any ideas? Thanks!

Gizmo63

Numbers Left-Justifying

Check that there isn't a rogue space at the end of the number or a ' at the
beginning, both will change it to text format.
If they've been copied from another data source you may get either. Simplest
way to confirm is to re-key the number and see if it shows as number should.

HTH

Giz

"tc69" wrote:

I just noticed that the numbers in one of my Worksheets are left-justifying.
They're just in General Format. Both existing numbers and new numbers I
enter into the Worksheet are left-justifying. My other Worksheets are fine.
Any ideas? Thanks!

Dave Peterson

Numbers Left-Justifying

Since it's only affecting one workbook, I'd try looking he

Format|Styles|Select Normal|Modify|Alignment tab
See if Horizontal alignment is set to General.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Numbers Left-Justifying

One more thing to check...

If you type a formula in any cell, do you see the formula in the cell--or do you
see the results of that formula?

If you see the formula, try:
tools|Options|view tab|uncheck formulas.

tc69 wrote:

I just noticed that the numbers in one of my Worksheets are left-justifying.
They're just in General Format. Both existing numbers and new numbers I
enter into the Worksheet are left-justifying. My other Worksheets are fine.
Any ideas? Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson

tc69

Numbers Left-Justifying

Thanks, un-checking Formulas did it. I didn't have any formulas on this
Worksheet so I it didn't occur to me that Formulas would be a problem.