-   -   How to Auto-populate cell based on selection of a list item (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/140920-how-auto-populate-cell-based-selection-list-item.html)

AK9955

How to Auto-populate cell based on selection of a list item

Hi,
I'd like to know how to auto-populate the cells of a specific column, based
on the user selecting a particular list item from a list.

E.g. If user selects "No" from "Married?" list box, then "Years Married"
cell is auto-populated with "N/A".

Thanks
Anna

Bob Phillips

How to Auto-populate cell based on selection of a list item

Just put a formula in those cells referring back to the list value

=IF(H1="No","N/A",some_calculation)

--
HTH

Bob

"AK9955" wrote in message
I'd like to know how to auto-populate the cells of a specific column,
based
on the user selecting a particular list item from a list.

E.g. If user selects "No" from "Married?" list box, then "Years Married"
cell is auto-populated with "N/A".

Thanks
Anna

challa prabhu

How to Auto-populate cell based on selection of a list item

Hi,

Excel -- Data Validation -- Create Dependent Lists.

Use this URL: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

Challa Prabhu