-   -   How to stop automatic division of numbers in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/14092-how-stop-automatic-division-numbers-excel.html)

Justin

How to stop automatic division of numbers in Excel

Hi,
For some reason whenever I enter numbers into Excel 2003 now without the =
sign beforehand, the number shows up as if I divided it by 10,000 (i.e. 1
becomes .0001). I don't know what I did to start this problem but I can't
figure out how to solve it.
Thanks for any help,
Justin

Biff

Hi!

Goto ToolsOptionsEdit

And see if you have Fixed Decimal Places set to 4.

Biff

For some reason whenever I enter numbers into Excel 2003

now without the =
sign beforehand, the number shows up as if I divided it

by 10,000 (i.e. 1
becomes .0001). I don't know what I did to start this

problem but I can't
figure out how to solve it.
Thanks for any help,
Justin
.

Gord Dibben

Justin

ToolsOptionsEdit. Uncheck "fixed decimal places"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP