-   -   Need a formulea for calculating a month (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/140919-need-formulea-calculating-month.html)

drizzy

Need a formulea for calculating a month

I trying to create a stats monitoring sheet and i need to calaculate the
target peiod

The target is to conduct the interview within 3 months of the start of the
month in which the interview became due.

IThe date that it is due will be given.
how do i tell excell to go back to the start of that month and then
calcualte a 3 month window from there?

Also i need both dates to be shown as the target window

T. Valko

Need a formulea for calculating a month

how do i tell excell to go back to the start of that month

A1 = some date

=A1-DAY(A1)+1

then calcualte a 3 month window from there

Assume the above formula is in cell B1.

=DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1)+3,DAY(B1))

Biff

"drizzy" wrote in message
I trying to create a stats monitoring sheet and i need to calaculate the
target peiod

The target is to conduct the interview within 3 months of the start of the
month in which the interview became due.

IThe date that it is due will be given.
how do i tell excell to go back to the start of that month and then
calcualte a 3 month window from there?

Also i need both dates to be shown as the target window

drizzy

Need a formulea for calculating a month

ta very much for that.

Is is hard to make it give me the day before the end of the 3 months? caus
ei need all action complete within the 3 months so the end of the 3rd month
would be a day too late

"drizzy" wrote in message
I trying to create a stats monitoring sheet and i need to calaculate the
target peiod

The target is to conduct the interview within 3 months of the start of the
month in which the interview became due.

IThe date that it is due will be given.
how do i tell excell to go back to the start of that month and then
calcualte a 3 month window from there?

Also i need both dates to be shown as the target window

T. Valko

Need a formulea for calculating a month

Just subtract 1 day:

=DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1)+3,DAY(B1))-1