-   -   How to protect the formular (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/14083-how-protect-formular.html)

joy

How to protect the formular

I want to share a work book with my co-worker. I had set a formular in column
C. I want to allow that change only column A and B. How to protect the
formular in column C.

Myrna Larson

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 21:01:03 -0800, joy wrote:

I want to share a work book with my co-worker. I had set a formular in column
C. I want to allow that change only column A and B. How to protect the
formular in column C.

Select all cells on the sheet. Go to Format/Cells/Protection and uncheck
"Locked". Then select just column C, again Format/Cells/Protection and check
"Locked". Then for this to take effect, it's Tools/Protection/Protect Sheet.