-   -   Insert Comment is disabled (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/140820-insert-comment-disabled.html)

grids7

Insert Comment is disabled

Using Excel 2003, I chose the menu option Insert - Comment. The comment
field opened, with my user name. I attempted to select all text in the
comment with the key combination Ctrl-Shift-Home, and somehow hit other keys,
because I ended up on the previous worksheet. So, I must have at least hit
Ctrl-PageUp. However, now the Insert - Comment option is disabled
(greyed-out) for that workbook. So are Insert - Hyperlink, - Chart, -
Diagram, - Symbol, and - Object. These options are disabled everywhere in
the workbook. However, I can start an entirely new workbook, and these
options are not disabled. Wha' happen?

Debra Dalgleish

Insert Comment is disabled

You probably hit Ctrl+Shift+PageUp (or PageDown) and now two or more
sheets are grouped. If so, the title bar will show [Group] at the end of
the file name.
Anything you type or format, may happen to all the grouped sheets.
To ungroup, right-click on one of the selected sheet tabs, and choose
Ungroup Sheets.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures