-   -   Dropdown List - list item endings not visible if column too narrow (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/140674-dropdown-list-list-item-endings-not-visible-if-column-too-narrow.html)

AK9955

Dropdown List - list item endings not visible if column too narrow

Hi,
I've created a drop-down list using the Data Validation function. When I
went to use the dropdown list, I noticed I couldn't see the endings of some
of the longer list items because the column was too narrow. If I made the
column wider I could see the ending.

Is there a simple way of increasing the width of a drop-down list (so I can
see the list item endings) without increasing the column width. I need to fit
quite a number of columns on a page, so making the columns the same width as
the longest list item is not an option.
Thanks AK

Bob Phillips

Dropdown List - list item endings not visible if column too narrow

See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Wider

--
HTH

Bob

"AK9955" wrote in message
I've created a drop-down list using the Data Validation function. When I
went to use the dropdown list, I noticed I couldn't see the endings of
some
of the longer list items because the column was too narrow. If I made the
column wider I could see the ending.

Is there a simple way of increasing the width of a drop-down list (so I
can
see the list item endings) without increasing the column width. I need to
fit
quite a number of columns on a page, so making the columns the same width
as
the longest list item is not an option.
Thanks AK

AK9955

Dropdown List - list item endings not visible if column too na

Thanks Bob, I've learnt something new today. Worked woohoo!