-   -   My toolbar icons are fuzzy, how do I make them sharp? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/14064-my-toolbar-icons-fuzzy-how-do-i-make-them-sharp.html)

DSchulz5

My toolbar icons are fuzzy, how do I make them sharp?

How do I make the icons sharp, not fuzzy?

Earl Kiosterud

D,

It sounds as if you have a relatively large monitor with a relatively low
resolution setting (large image). The buttons are 16 x 16 pixels, and
aren't meant to be large. In their normal size of a quarter inch or so,
this is quite adequate. If you want to change your monitor resolution, go
to Control Panel - Display - Settings. This will change the size of the
contents of all windows in all applications.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"DSchulz5" wrote in message
How do I make the icons sharp, not fuzzy?

Dave Peterson

What version of excel are you using?
What version of windows are you using?

If you're using xl2003 and winXP, maybe you could try a playing with a windows
setting.

Windows Start button|Settings|control panel|Display
(Using the classic menus)
Appearance tab
Windows and buttons dropdown: Windows Classic Style

This is a windows setting, though.

(I used this for a few hours after upgrading to both xl2003 and WinXP, but
reverted back to the winXP style. It kind of grows on you, er, me.)

DSchulz5 wrote:

How do I make the icons sharp, not fuzzy?

--

Dave Peterson

DSchulz5

True, True. Excell (word, etc) didn't fall under that. I'd hoped there was a
"classic" style for Office like there is for windowsXP. I guess it's just the
way it is, all 21st century. My eyesight is going and I don't need help. Why
someone designed fuzzy icons on purpose is beyond me. Thanks for trying
though.
Dave

"DSchulz5" wrote in message
How do I make the icons sharp, not fuzzy?

DSchulz5

Office 2003, upgraded from 95?. Windows XP.
I was hoping there was a "classic" view for Oddice like there is for Windows.
Why anyone would design fuzzy icons on purpose is beyond me, I have a hard
enough time seeing without putting things out of focus on purpose!
Windows did window, it didn't affect Office.
Thanks for your help though.
Dave

DSchulz5 wrote:

How do I make the icons sharp, not fuzzy?

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

When I did this, it affected all of my applications. In fact, the toolbars for
Excel looked very close to black and white.

(Well, a lot of the color was removed.)