-   -   Help With Conditional Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/140618-help-conditional-formula.html)

pt_lily

Help With Conditional Formula

I need help creating a formula. Here is the criteria:

I have 2 cells (E4 and F4) that might contain a percentage. They might also
both be blank.
I then need a formula calculated off of that percentage.
=G4-(G4*E4)
Where E4 is, I need it to multiply by either E4 or F4 depending on which
cell contains the percentage. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you!!

Barb Reinhardt

Help With Conditional Formula

I'm going to assume that either E4 or F4 has a value, but not both.

One way:

=IF(ISBLANK(E4),IF(ISBLANK(F4),NA(),G4-(G4*E4)),G4-G4*F4)

"pt_lily" wrote:

I need help creating a formula. Here is the criteria:

I have 2 cells (E4 and F4) that might contain a percentage. They might also
both be blank.
I then need a formula calculated off of that percentage.
=G4-(G4*E4)
Where E4 is, I need it to multiply by either E4 or F4 depending on which
cell contains the percentage. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you!!

bj

Help With Conditional Formula

Try
=G4*(1-E4-F4)
if both can be percentages andyou want the max
=G4*(1-max(E4,F4))