-   -   If sum greater than 12 use 12 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/140501-if-sum-greater-than-12-use-12-a.html)

Smudge

If sum greater than 12 use 12

Hi,

I know I've seen questions about this before but haven't got time to search.

Would any kind soul please tell me how I can get excel to look at a value in
column M and if it is larger than 12 use 12 in that column
--
Smudge

Bob Phillips

If sum greater than 12 use 12

=MAX(12,M2)

--
HTH

Bob

"Smudge" wrote in message

I know I've seen questions about this before but haven't got time to
search.

Would any kind soul please tell me how I can get excel to look at a value
in
column M and if it is larger than 12 use 12 in that column
--
Smudge

bj

If sum greater than 12 use 12

=min(12,your Equation)

"Smudge" wrote:

Hi,

I know I've seen questions about this before but haven't got time to search.

Would any kind soul please tell me how I can get excel to look at a value in
column M and if it is larger than 12 use 12 in that column
--
Smudge

Cin

If sum greater than 12 use 12

If you are after a sum try this but change the refence area:
=IF(SUM(M1:M3)12,12,SUM(M1:M3))

If it is just a value in a cell try this:
=IF(M112,12,M1)

"Smudge" wrote:

Hi,

I know I've seen questions about this before but haven't got time to search.

Would any kind soul please tell me how I can get excel to look at a value in
column M and if it is larger than 12 use 12 in that column
--
Smudge

Stan Brown

If sum greater than 12 use 12

Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:11:46 +0100 from Bob Phillips
:

"Smudge" wrote in message
I know I've seen questions about this before but haven't got time
to search.

Would any kind soul please tell me how I can get excel to look at
a value in column M and if it is larger than 12 use 12 in that
column

=MAX(12,M2)

I think you mean MIN, nor max. "If larger than 12 use 12" means to
use whichever is SMALLER, the actual value or 12.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Stan Brown

If sum greater than 12 use 12

Thu, 26 Apr 2007 03:14:02 -0700 from Cin
:
If you are after a sum try this but change the refence area:
=IF(SUM(M1:M3)12,12,SUM(M1:M3))

If it is just a value in a cell try this:
=IF(M112,12,M1)

Those will work, but the min() function is shorter and IMHO better
because each value gets mentioned once, not twice.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Smudge

If sum greater than 12 use 12

Sorry should have given more info I think

I'm using custom format [h]:mm:ss and I'm trying to sum times where every
4th week the balance can't be more than 12 hours

So in M209 I have =L209+M201 and in N209 I want to add the onto the
cummulative times for the last 4 weeks but if it goes over 12 hours N209
needs to be 12.

Not explaining this very well but thanks for your help
--
Smudge

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=MAX(12,M2)

--
HTH

Bob

"Smudge" wrote in message

I know I've seen questions about this before but haven't got time to
search.

Would any kind soul please tell me how I can get excel to look at a value
in
column M and if it is larger than 12 use 12 in that column
--
Smudge

Smudge

If sum greater than 12 use 12

Hi,

Worked it out. =MIN(TIME(12,0,0),M2)

So happy!

Thanks for your help wouldn't have known where to start otherwise
:-)
--
Smudge

"Smudge" wrote:

Sorry should have given more info I think

I'm using custom format [h]:mm:ss and I'm trying to sum times where every
4th week the balance can't be more than 12 hours

So in M209 I have =L209+M201 and in N209 I want to add the onto the
cummulative times for the last 4 weeks but if it goes over 12 hours N209
needs to be 12.

Not explaining this very well but thanks for your help
--
Smudge

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=MAX(12,M2)