-   -   how can i put the excel icon on my desktop? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/14040-how-can-i-put-excel-icon-my-desktop.html)

petre

how can i put the excel icon on my desktop?

I would like to know how can I put a shortcut to microsoft excel 2003 on my
desktop?

RagDyeR

From your Windows DeskTop, click
<Start <Programs
Find the XL program and *right click* and drag it to an open portion of the
desktop.
From the pop-up menu, depending on your version of Windows, choose "Copy
Here", or "Create Shortcut".

Then just click and drag to whatever area of the DeskTop that you wish.
--

HTH,

RD

"petre" wrote in message
I would like to know how can I put a shortcut to microsoft excel 2003 on my
desktop?

Dana DeLouis

Just to mention an alternative if you are not aware of it...
Start | Programs |...
and Right click the program you like (Excel for example)
From the menu, select "Send To"
and select "Desktop (Create Shortcut)"

Or...Work the other way around.
From a blank area of your desktop, Right Click, and from the menu, select
"New" and select "Shortcut"
Select Excel.

Just an alternative for the dragging impaired. :) HTH
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"petre" wrote in message
I would like to know how can I put a shortcut to microsoft excel 2003 on
my
desktop?

ty very much :)

"Dana DeLouis" wrote:

Just to mention an alternative if you are not aware of it...
Start | Programs |...
and Right click the program you like (Excel for example)
From the menu, select "Send To"
and select "Desktop (Create Shortcut)"

Or...Work the other way around.
From a blank area of your desktop, Right Click, and from the menu, select

"petre" wrote in message
I would like to know how can I put a shortcut to microsoft excel 2003 on
my
desktop?

ty very much :)

"RagDyeR" wrote:

From your Windows DeskTop, click
<Start <Programs
Find the XL program and *right click* and drag it to an open portion of the
desktop.
From the pop-up menu, depending on your version of Windows, choose "Copy