-   -   Locating a file in excel with a partial file name. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/14031-locating-file-excel-partial-file-name.html)

Audra

Locating a file in excel with a partial file name.

I have been runnimg with Office 2000 with which when I go to open a file in
excel I am able to enter a partial file name, any part of the file name, to
search for the file I wish to open. I am finding in Excel 2002 this function
does not apprear to exsit, only the function where it will search for the
fille that starts with what your typing will appear once its narrowed it down
to the first of a few possible options.

I require the ability to be able to just go to the file open icon in excel
and on the file name line be able to typr the last few chararacters of a file
name to find the file I want.

Has this function been removed from Excell 2002?