-   -   Calculation for Effecting Pattern Color, Bold, Etc. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/140170-calculation-effecting-pattern-color-bold-etc.html)

Platypus

Calculation for Effecting Pattern Color, Bold, Etc.

Could anyone provide me with the syntax for the following example:

If B1 0, turn the cell blue; if B1 <= 0, turn the cell red

-and-

If B1 0, make the font red; otherwise, leave as is.

Are these possible? Thank you in advance.

bj

Calculation for Effecting Pattern Color, Bold, Etc.

check out conditinal formating in help
format-conditional format

"Platypus" wrote:

Could anyone provide me with the syntax for the following example:

If B1 0, turn the cell blue; if B1 <= 0, turn the cell red

-and-

If B1 0, make the font red; otherwise, leave as is.

Are these possible? Thank you in advance.

Balzyone

Calculation for Effecting Pattern Color, Bold, Etc.

Conditional formating is the way to go with this. If you look into the
format-conditional formating, the dialog will allow you up to 3 conditions
and allow you to change the cell color, borders, and font under the
conditions you select. It is very simple to figure out.