-   -   Check if rounded cell values fall within a range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/140145-check-if-rounded-cell-values-fall-within-range.html)

vertigo

Check if rounded cell values fall within a range

Hi Everybody,

How do I write a formula to do the following?

If another cell's value is greater than 0.5 but less than or equal to 1 then
set the value of this cell to "Normal Criteria"?

I'll appreciate it very much if anybody can help - my problem lies with the
fact that there are two conditions to check and I don't know the correct
syntax.

Appreciate it.

Gunnar Lysaker

Check if rounded cell values fall within a range

Try this perhaps:
=IF(B40,5;(IF(B4<1;"1";B4*3)))

IF 0,5 and <1 it gives one otherwise mulitply by 3

G.

"vertigo" wrote:

Hi Everybody,

How do I write a formula to do the following?

If another cell's value is greater than 0.5 but less than or equal to 1 then
set the value of this cell to "Normal Criteria"?

I'll appreciate it very much if anybody can help - my problem lies with the
fact that there are two conditions to check and I don't know the correct
syntax.

Appreciate it.

Dennis from Suffolk

Check if rounded cell values fall within a range

This is a fairly conventional way for checking values within a range:

=IF(AND(P9280.5,P928<=1),"Normal Criteria","")

In this example, P928 would be changed to your particular cell reference.
If the test evaluates to false, you can choose a different action than I have
posed, which is do nothing.
--
Dennis from Suffolk