-   -   Excel 2007 Refresh Pivot Table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/140119-excel-2007-refresh-pivot-table.html)

kojaks43

Excel 2007 Refresh Pivot Table

Just started using this Home/Student version.
Have created a dataset of stock prices for various stocks for each day
starting in January 2007 to present day.

Prior to today, the list ended with April 18. Today I added April 19, 20
and 23.
There are no "holes" in the data. When I went to the Pivot Table that showed
all dates between Jan and April 18, I expected it to refresh when I clicked
on the "refresh" icon on the tool bar. No joy.

I then went back to the dataset and made a brand new pivot table. In Excel
2003, it would warn me that I was using too much memory if I created a new PT
using the same dataset. Not with 2007. It created the PT and Included the
missing dates to April 23.

What did I do wrong that caused the original PT not to refresh when I
clicked on the "refresh" icon?

Your guidance is appreciated.