-   -   VLOOKUP not retrieving all information (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/140112-vlookup-not-retrieving-all-information.html)

nick

VLOOKUP not retrieving all information

I seem to be having trouble with my vlookup formula not retreiving all of the
requested data for an array of cells.

I enter my vlookup as usual, select the array of cells in another workbook
as usual, and when I copy the formula down, it returns #N/A for a few of the
cells located at the bottom of the list. I then gather all of cells with
missing information that the vlookup formula failed to gather, enter the same
formula for the same array of cells, and this time, the formula gathers a
little more information that it missed from the last time. I have to keep
sorting and entering in a new formula until all information is retrieved.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
--
-Nick

Hunter

VLOOKUP not retrieving all information

Try to make sure the array is using an absolute reference with dollar signs
before you copy the formula down or else your array will be a moving target.

Use a formula like this: vlookup(a1, $B$1:$C$100, 1, false)

Avoid a formula like this: vlookup(a1, B1:C100, 1, false)