-   -   Q: Time Difference (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/140010-q-time-difference.html)

JIM.H.

Q: Time Difference

Hello,
I need to find the difference between two time value as hours. I have two
cells that keeps the time, so between 8:00am and 9:30am, it means 1.5 hours.
Is this possible?

JE McGimpsey

Q: Time Difference

Since XL stores times as fractional days, one way:

A1: 8:30 am
B1: 9:30 am
C1: =(B1-A1)*24

However, if there's a chance your times may span midnight (when the
fractional day resets to 0), use

C1: =MOD(B1-A1,1)*24

In article ,
JIM.H. wrote:

Hello,
I need to find the difference between two time value as hours. I have two
cells that keeps the time, so between 8:00am and 9:30am, it means 1.5 hours.
Is this possible?

FSt1

Q: Time Difference

hi,
that is a simple subtraction.
if start time is in A1 and end time is in B1, formula in C1 would be....
=b1-a1

I'm using xp. worked for me.
Regards
FSt1