-   -   why doesnt excel open files when i click on them (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/13990-why-doesnt-excel-open-files-when-i-click-them.html)

whisker

why doesnt excel open files when i click on them

when i open an excel file from my documents, the excel program comes up but
the file doesnt open. there's no error message or anything

WEBMEISTER

HOLD DOWN BOTH THE CTRL KEY AND THE F10 KEY AT THE SAME TIME THEN RELEASE
BOTH KEYS. THE FILE SHOULD NOW APPEAR.

"whisker" wrote:

when i open an excel file from my documents, the excel program comes up but
the file doesnt open. there's no error message or anything

Dave Peterson

Or from the menus:

Window|Arrange|Tiled
and resize that window manually

(Don't forget to save it the way you like it.)

--

Dave Peterson