-   -   Show text field if SUM returns zero value? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/139854-show-text-field-if-sum-returns-zero-value.html)

KevinG1

Show text field if SUM returns zero value?

I have set up a Worksheet in Excel 2000 that calculates the difference (using
SUM) of two cells in a row and displays the result in a third cell, which, of
course, contains the formula. If the result is zero, I would like to display
a text message in the aforementioned third cell. So far, I have tried to add
on a logical IF statement to the formula already in the cell, but I can't
seem to hit on the correct syntax.

T. Valko

Show text field if SUM returns zero value?

Try something like this:

=IF(SUM(A1:B1),SUM(A1:B1),"your_text_message_here_ inside_the_quotes")

Biff