-   -   how do i set up a single cell continual entry in excel to total f. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1397-how-do-i-set-up-single-cell-continual-entry-excel-total-f.html)

mike@swallow

how do i set up a single cell continual entry in excel to total f.

i am setting up a stock record spreadsheet on excel. I want to be able to
enter incoming quantities of stock into the same cell on the spreadsheet each
time and have them tally onto the in stock total each time, but without
forgetting what the last value added on was. I know the basics of how to
calculate addition and subtraction formulas, but dont know how to get a
single cell data entry. At present every time i enter a figure, it goes into
the next cell down in the column, and the total cell adds up every cell in
the column to reach a total.

Vikrant Vaidya

You will need a bit of vb programming or a macro. See if the following script
helps you... you need to modify it of course. if you are too new to
programing then send me your worksheet and I will put in the script. my mail
address is

Private Sub Button63_Click()

i = 5
j = Worksheets("Iterations").Cells(1, 1) + 1

Worksheets("select").Cells(j + 2, 11) = Worksheets("Calc").Cells(5, 4)

Do While i <= 147

Worksheets("Iterations").Cells(i, j + 3) = Worksheets("Calc").Cells(i, 4)

i = i + 1

Loop

Worksheets("Iterations").Cells(1, 1) = j

End Sub

I had written this script for some application of mine which is similar to
you. I am storing a calculation iteration from worksheet "calc" as simple
values in other worksheet "iteration".

vikrant