-   -   Changing the date format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/139403-changing-date-format.html)

Shazza

Changing the date format

My computer only gives me a choice of american formatting for the date and i
want the british format (day before month) is there a way of changing the
format as it is confusing me to death when i look at the dates of birth.
--
Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie

Philip Trick

Changing the date format

In Excel 2007 if you go to "More Number Formats..." you'll get the Format
Cells window. In previous versions of Excel, this is accessed through the
Format Cells option.

In here, go to Custom and you can type in the date format you want to use

British format would be some modification of: dd mm yyyy

You can add - or / between the groups if you'd prefer over spaces.
--
Philip Trick
Actuarial Consultant