-   -   quit ie from excel macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/139315-quit-ie-excel-macro.html)

Alfie

quit ie from excel macro

Hi...

I'm running a macro that opens internet explorer....then tries to quit ie...

Dim ie As InternetExplorer
Set ie = New InternetExplorer
ie.Navigate "http://url is here"
'Do Until ie.ReadyState = READYSTATE_COMPLETE
'Loop
Application.Wait Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, 2)
ie.Quit

Gets what I want but doesn't quit ie....This is with vista & office
2007....if I take ie.Quit out, it will work but I end up with a lot of tabs
open in ie....I have IE7 set to reuse tabs, but excel still opens a new tab
every time...

On another computer this works fine, XP & office 2007. In that I can use
the ie.ReadyState, without the wait. Internet explorer doesn't even become
visible..