-   -   Calculating Duplicate Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/139289-calculating-duplicate-cells.html)

RicoHoward

Calculating Duplicate Cells

I have a worksheet that I am working on to purchase equipment. I have
multiple duplicate items to be ordered that are seperated by departments. I
want to be able to calculate the duplicate items so that I will see how many
ordered per that that particular item no matter which group they come from
....basically a total for that particular item ordered not a breakdown

Toppers

Calculating Duplicate Cells

=SUMIF(A1:A100,"item #",B1:B100)

where column A is item number