-   -   keyboard controls (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/139287-keyboard-controls.html)

LESLIE

keyboard controls

I just got a new computer and when I opened excel all my keyboard functions
are messed up. I have tried to fix but I have not had any luck. If I use my
tab function I jump from cell A1 to O1 every time. Then if I use my arrow
keys it moves the scroll bar instead of to the cell I am desiring. I love to
use excel but not when I have to stop and use my mouse to move from cell to
cell. Any suggestions???

David Biddulph[_2_]

keyboard controls

Tools/ Options/ Transition/ uncheck transition navigation keys.
--
David Biddulph

"Leslie" wrote in message
I just got a new computer and when I opened excel all my keyboard functions
are messed up. I have tried to fix but I have not had any luck. If I use
my
tab function I jump from cell A1 to O1 every time. Then if I use my arrow
keys it moves the scroll bar instead of to the cell I am desiring. I love
use excel but not when I have to stop and use my mouse to move from cell
cell. Any suggestions???

Gord Dibben

keyboard controls

Leslie

For the Tab problem................

ToolsOptionsTransition. Uncheck "Transition navigation keys".

For the arrow keys problem sounds like you have Scroll Lock enabled.

Hit the ScrLk key once.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:56:09 -0700, Leslie
wrote:

I just got a new computer and when I opened excel all my keyboard functions
are messed up. I have tried to fix but I have not had any luck. If I use my
tab function I jump from cell A1 to O1 every time. Then if I use my arrow
keys it moves the scroll bar instead of to the cell I am desiring. I love to
use excel but not when I have to stop and use my mouse to move from cell to
cell. Any suggestions???

Kyle

keyboard controls

Hi, I am not sure if this is entirely related to the current thread, but I
need to figure this out quickly, so here is the problem I am having: I most
likely pressed a combination of keys at one point in time today, and now
pressing the "?" key functions the same as the ALT key. Does anyone know how
to reverse this?

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

keyboard controls

One possible solution

do toolsoptionstransition and clear the menu key

Peo Sjoblom