-   -   how do copy "sheet1!A1+1 in sheet2 to sheet 3 and get "sheet2!A1+ (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/139038-how-do-copy-sheet1-a1-1-sheet2-sheet-3-get-sheet2-a1.html)

dany

how do copy "sheet1!A1+1 in sheet2 to sheet 3 and get "sheet2!A1+

how do copy "sheet1!A1+1 in sheet2 to sheet 3 and get "sheet2!A1+1?

When I copy/paste the cell, the sheet reference doesn't change, I get
"sheet1!+1, when I copy/paste link I get a reference to the right sheet but
loose the "+1", e.g. I get "sheet2!. I need help!!!

Barb Reinhardt

how do copy "sheet1!A1+1 in sheet2 to sheet 3 and get "sheet2!A1+

YOu'll need to change the Sheet1 to Sheet2 when you copy it to sheet3.
Alternatively, if you have a lot of formulas to change, you could do a global
find and replace on that worksheet.

"Dany" wrote:

how do copy "sheet1!A1+1 in sheet2 to sheet 3 and get "sheet2!A1+1?

When I copy/paste the cell, the sheet reference doesn't change, I get
"sheet1!+1, when I copy/paste link I get a reference to the right sheet but
loose the "+1", e.g. I get "sheet2!. I need help!!!

dany

how do copy "sheet1!A1+1 in sheet2 to sheet 3 and get "sheet2

Thx Barb but that's too much work, I'm a lotus 123 user and when you copy
formulas to different sheets the sheet addresses move relatively just like
the cell addresses, there's got to be another way, don't you think?

"Dany" wrote:

how do copy "sheet1!A1+1 in sheet2 to sheet 3 and get "sheet2!A1+1?

When I copy/paste the cell, the sheet reference doesn't change, I get
"sheet1!+1, when I copy/paste link I get a reference to the right sheet but
loose the "+1", e.g. I get "sheet2!. I need help!!!

Barb Reinhardt

how do copy "sheet1!A1+1 in sheet2 to sheet 3 and get "sheet2

I'm not aware of anything in Excel.

"Dany" wrote:

how do copy "sheet1!A1+1 in sheet2 to sheet 3 and get "sheet2!A1+1?

When I copy/paste the cell, the sheet reference doesn't change, I get
"sheet1!+1, when I copy/paste link I get a reference to the right sheet but
loose the "+1", e.g. I get "sheet2!. I need help!!!

dany

how do copy "sheet1!A1+1 in sheet2 to sheet 3 and get "sheet2

when I tried the find '1 and replace it replaced every 1 (not every '1) in
the cell which messed things up even more. how can I specify better what to
replace?

"Dany" wrote:

how do copy "sheet1!A1+1 in sheet2 to sheet 3 and get "sheet2!A1+1?

When I copy/paste the cell, the sheet reference doesn't change, I get
"sheet1!+1, when I copy/paste link I get a reference to the right sheet but
loose the "+1", e.g. I get "sheet2!. I need help!!!

Dave Peterson

how do copy "sheet1!A1+1 in sheet2 to sheet 3 and get "sheet2

How about
Sheet1!
with
sheet2!