-   -   splitting single, unmerged cells over 2 printed pages (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/138972-splitting-single-unmerged-cells-over-2-printed-pages.html)

[email protected]

splitting single, unmerged cells over 2 printed pages

Maybe it's a simple fix that I don't know about or can't find, but can
anyone tell me how to split a single cell over two pages. At the
moment if the cell becomes too big to fit in the remaining space at
the bottom of the current page it moves the entire cell to the next
page - leaving a big gap. I am using the form I have created in a
database/mailmerge role - printing out about 250 records with text
fields of differing sizes - so it is not practical to manually split
the one cell into two for each record.

Gord Dibben

splitting single, unmerged cells over 2 printed pages

Excel has no "widows and orphans" functions.

You must split the cell contents into two or more cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP