-   -   XL 2007 *.xlsx could not be found. Check ... Sequential ERROR screens (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/138960-xl-2007-%2A-xlsx-could-not-found-check-sequential-error-screens.html)

[email protected]

XL 2007 *.xlsx could not be found. Check ... Sequential ERROR screens

XL 2007

Every time I attempt to open a .XLS file from Win XP Pro Explorer, I get the following sequences of
file open error screens. Notice how Excel attempts to open each grouping of letters (separated by a
space) in the file name. Also note that Excel is attempting to locate a .xlsx file when the actual
file is an .xls file.

Actual file name: XYZ Utilities MAR 2007 CMI Download.xls

"XYZ.xlsx" could not be found. Check the spelling of the
file name, and verify that the file location is correct.
If you are trying to open the file from your most
recently used files, make sure that the file has not
been renamed, moved, or deleted.

Next screen: "Utilities.xlsx" could not be found. Check......

Next screen: "MAR.xlsx" could not be found. Check......

Next screen: "2007.xlsx" could not be found. Check......

Next screen: "CMI.xlsx" could not be found. Check......

Next screen: "Download.xlsx" could not be found. Check......

Does anyone have/know a fix for this error/bug?

TIA EagleOne

Nick Hodge

XL 2007 *.xlsx could not be found. Check ... Sequential ERROR screens

Try......

Going to StartRun... and type excel.exe /unregserver and then excel.exe
/regserver

You may find you get a message saying Excel.exe cannot be found, if so you
need to type the full path to excel.exe and enclose it in " ", with the
/unregserver outside the quotes (Note: there is a space between .exe and
/unregserver)
--
HTH
Nick Hodge

FREE UK OFFICE USER GROUP MEETING, MS READING, 27th APRIL 2007
www.officeusergroup.co.uk

wrote in message
[...]

Nick,

Seems that your solution may have worked. If it happens again, I'll post back.

Thanks

EagleOne