-   -   aging formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/138898-aging-formula.html)

Drew

aging formula

I am trying to create a formula that will calculate the "age" of a an entry.
Each entry will have an open date. And eventually a closed date. I would like
to be able to calculate the age, by comparing the open date and the closed
date, and if their is no closed date then compare the open date to todays
date. Thanks

Roger Govier

aging formula

Hi

=IF(B1="",TODAY()-A1,B1-A1)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Drew" wrote in message
I am trying to create a formula that will calculate the "age" of a an
entry.
Each entry will have an open date. And eventually a closed date. I
would like
to be able to calculate the age, by comparing the open date and the
closed
date, and if their is no closed date then compare the open date to
todays
date. Thanks

Drew

aging formula

Super! thanks. One more question, can I tweak that formula to return no data
if A1 and B1 are blank. reason being I will be averaging the case ages. And
if both cells are blank it returns 39185. I may be asking too much. but
thanks again

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

=IF(B1="",TODAY()-A1,B1-A1)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Drew" wrote in message
I am trying to create a formula that will calculate the "age" of a an
entry.
Each entry will have an open date. And eventually a closed date. I
would like
to be able to calculate the age, by comparing the open date and the
closed
date, and if their is no closed date then compare the open date to
todays
date. Thanks

BoniM

aging formula

=IF(AND(B1="",A1=""),"",IF(B1="",TODAY()-A1,B1-A1))

"Drew" wrote:

Super! thanks. One more question, can I tweak that formula to return no data
if A1 and B1 are blank. reason being I will be averaging the case ages. And
if both cells are blank it returns 39185. I may be asking too much. but
thanks again

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

=IF(B1="",TODAY()-A1,B1-A1)