-   -   Can Excell prompt for user input... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/138776-can-excell-prompt-user-input.html)

Will

Can Excell prompt for user input...

Ok so this may get out of my league but I would like to give it a try... I
have an excell sheel with a column (A) that has dates... each record is an
entry of the systems status (On or Off in Column B) there can be multiple
entries for a day (sometimes it goes off in the middle of the day for no
reason-- go figure) Anyway... I have a seperate sheet call "Monthly Results"
where i currently have a calculation formula to determine how long the system
was running for each day. I can currently change the information to
reference dates for a selected month by entering the last day of the previous
month and then copying (Incrementing 1 day each row) until I have a new
column with all the dates of the desired month plus the single day prior to
the month and the single day after the month.

I would like to know if there is a way to have Excell prompt me for the
Month and Year then populate the results in Column A of the Monthly Results
sheet. This would allow users who are less skilled with excell to obtain
results with a prompt or single cell entry.

Anyone have a suggestion on where to start?