-   -   Enabling shortcut menu (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/13877-enabling-shortcut-menu.html)

Slypaw

Enabling shortcut menu

How can I enable the shortcut menu in cells using mouse right click?
When I right click in a cell now, nothing happens. Right clicking twice
opens Essbase login.

CyberTaz

AFAIK there is no Option for enabling/disabling shortcut menus. If this is a
business system perhaps your MIS people have modified things in some way.
This would also explain the DblRt+Clk action as that is not a commonly used
technique in Windows applications. Check the Properties of your mouse.

Good Luck |:)

"Slypaw" wrote:

How can I enable the shortcut menu in cells using mouse right click?
When I right click in a cell now, nothing happens. Right clicking twice
opens Essbase login.

Jim Rech

You can re-enable the Cell shortcut menu by running this code:

Sub a()
With CommandBars("Cell")
.Enabled = True
.Reset
End With
End Sub

But if something is running when you start Excel that disables this menu
this will not be a permanent solution. Finding the cause will be.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Slypaw" wrote in message
| How can I enable the shortcut menu in cells using mouse right click?
| When I right click in a cell now, nothing happens. Right clicking twice
| opens Essbase login.

Nate Oliver

Hello,

Click Essbase-Options... Go to the 'Global' tab, and uncheck 'Enable
Secondary Button'.

Regards,
Nate Oliver