-   -   sorting problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/138733-sorting-problem.html)

[email protected]

sorting problem

I am sorting a two columns of three digit numbers. In the second
column, 000 is sorting after 999. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks!

David Biddulph[_2_]

sorting problem

One possibility is that some of your entries may be text and some numbers?
Check with ISTEXT() and ISNUMBER().

Also, if you have two columns, are you sorting by both columns, and if so,
in what priority order, and what are the corresponding entries in the other
column if that is influencing the sorting?
--
David Biddulph

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am sorting a two columns of three digit numbers. In the second
column, 000 is sorting after 999. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks!

Peo Sjoblom

sorting problem

It's text that's why. You can copy an empty cell, select the cells with the
000 and do editpaste special and select add, then use a custom format of
000

Peo Sjoblom

ups.com...